Last Updated :
About Power To The People Online Oxford Union Format Debate Competition
The Literary and Debate Society of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad is organizing its first edition of ‘Power to the People’, an Oxford Union Format Debate which is an online debate competition with a twist. The main objective of the event is to provide a platform for students to voice their opinions on topics of importance and to maintain an active debating culture at the present time.
Oxford Union Format (with a twist).
10th and 11th July 2020
The event requires participants to form a team of two and send written submissions on the topics given, out of which 8 teams will be selected for the preliminary rounds. The selected teams will be required to debate upon the motion in the Oxford Union format.
To give effect to the prime objective behind ‘Power to the People’, the audience would vote for the speakers, like in an Oxford Union debate, which would determine the results of the competition.
Students duly enrolled and pursuing any Undergraduate or Post-Graduate course from any university recognised by the UGC shall be eligible to participate in the debate. Students have to register in a team 2.
- The Team Registration will be on a first come first serve basis with a cap of 32 teams.
- The Attendees will be selected based on their previous experiences and knowledge of adjudication. There will be a cap of 50 attendees.
Teams and Attendees can register through the following links before 5:00 PM, 03rd July 2020
- To register for teams:
- To register for attendees:
Registration for the Debate will be deemed to be confirmed only on intimation to the selected Teams and Attendees.
The registration fee for the event is Rs. 200/- per team AFTER the team qualifies to the Preliminary Round on the basis of their Written Submissions.
- Winners: RS. 10,000 + Certificates of Achievement
- Runners-up: RS. 5,000 + Certificates of Achievement
- Other Participating Teams: Certificates of Participation
- Attendees: Certificate of Adjudication (will only be provided on successful participation in all the sessions)
|28th June 2020||Registration Opens (teams and attendees)|
|3rd July 2020 (5:00 PM)||Deadline for Written Submissions|
|6th July 2020 (11:59 PM)||Declaration of Results (Selection of Teams) and Release of Final List of Attendees|
|8th July 2020 (11:59 PM)||Last Date to Pay Registration Fee|
|10th July 2020||Prelims: Session I- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Session II- 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|11th July 2020||Semi-Finals- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Finals- 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
Email: [email protected]slsh.edu.in
Members, Literary and Debate Society, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
- Palomita Sharma: +91-76800 40944
- Anirban Aly Mandal: +91-84240 62289
Event Reported by:
Literary and Debate Society, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
- Jurisprudence – Notes, Cases & Study Material
- Law of Torts – Notes, Case Laws And Study Material