National Virtual Conference on Covid and Its Implication On Everyone’s Life will be organized by The Central Law College, Salem on 13th November 2021.
About the College
The Central Law College Salem is recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, and originally affiliated to the University of Madras and later with The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai is a reputed and prestigious institution conducting both Five years B.A.LL.B and Three years LL.B Law Course in the State of Tamil Nadu since 1984, founded by Prof. R.V.Dhanapalan. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in the year 2009.
The main theme of the conference
This conference aspires to confer and explore hardships faced by the people during the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has drastically transformed normal life into a fictional concept. It has created a sense of uncertainty and helplessness among the people. Many people have lost their jobs, friends, family members and had cruel challenges, adversity, economic instability, and discrimination. This epidemic created significant psychological and social effects on the population.
The mental health of the people, doctors, nurses, frontline workers has become weak and overburdened with stress due to the continuous spread of this novel virus. The act of “social-distancing” sociologically created a new form of untouchability and continuous lockdown caused Domestic violence especially on women and children.
The entire country is in a great economic crisis during this period. The economy of both rural and urban has been adversely impacted. Especially migrant workers who had so many struggles to reach their native places. This pandemic has forced people to connect with the Internet for work, school, shopping, entertainment, and doctor visits, including psychiatrists. This has provided more opportunities for cybercriminals to commit crimes and make money.
It has been observed and seen that the Coronavirus pandemic has affected many human rights and its protection adversely. Human rights have been considered to be crucial for the overall development of human beings and essential for progress in general but it is denied during this pandemic.
This conference deals with the impact caused by the pandemic on Psychology, Society, Economy, human rights, and other legal rights. We welcome research papers from different disciplines, such as Law, Medicine, Education, Economy, Sociology, Psychology, and other fields. The Academicians, advocates, judges, officials of various departments, research scholars, students of law colleges, and other professionals are invited to discuss the following sub-themes.
Sub-themes/ tracks of the conference
I. Sociological Perspective
- The impact of COVID-19 on women’s employment.
- Education in the time of COVID-19 – Transition to Digital.
- Fight for migrant rights: The impact of COVID-19 for migrants.
- Strategies to cope with the COVID-19 related deaths
- Healthcare worker’s emotions, perceived stressors, and coping mechanisms during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Factors associated with mental health outcomes among healthcare workers exposed to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 and livelihood protection: Impact in the agriculture sector.
II. Economic Perspective
- Unemployment inequality in the pandemic.
- Retail investors and COVID-19.
- Consumption spending and inequality during the pandemic.
- Bank liquidity management during COVID-19.
- Learning loss during the pandemic.
- Analysis between economic inequality and covid-19 death rate.
III. Law in the time of COVID-19
- Constitutional Perspective
- Contractual Obligations
- Domestic Law
- Crimes during Lockdown
- Civil Aviation
- Human Rights
- Epidemic Diseases Act
- Labour Law
- Cyber Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Environmental Law
- Policy responses to COVID- 19
- Preparing for a post-COVID Future
- Community solutions to combat misinformation
- Efforts / Initiatives made by various Governments to cope with COVID-19.
Submission of Papers
The abstract shall not exceed 300 words and shall include Five keywords. Participants should fill the following google form for submitting their Abstract. https://forms.gle/zbX8BtBLCzgWp1S99The selected abstracts will be intimated on or before 13th October 2021.
2. Original Paper
The conference paper should be original, unpublished, and should adhere to the conference theme.
3. Page limit
The full paper should not exceed 3000 words.
Font- Times New Roman.
Spacing- 1 ½ line spacing.
Heading- 14-pt (bold),
Font- Times New Roman.
Sub-headings- 12-pt (bold)
Font- Times New Roman.
Authors to cite references and avoid plagiarism.
5. Reference Style
The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation – 20th Edition reference style should be followed strictly.
6. Author name and designation
Author Name and Designation would appear under the Title of the Paper on the First Page / Abstract.
7. Authors and Co-Authors
There may be an Author and Co-Author for a research paper. Authors and Co-Authors have to pay their fees separately.
8. Submission of Research Papers
Full papers shall be submitted using this Google Form.
9. Publications of Conference Proceedings
Best and original papers will be selected for publication and authors will be contacted for the same.
Registration fee- Rs.500/-
Publication fee- Rs.1,500/-
Only selected papers shall be published with ISBN.
The registration fee can be paid through Google pay, Net Banking, Mobile Banking or DD in favour of “The Principal (Expenses)”, payable at Salem and addressed to The Principal, The Central Law College, Salem-8
- Bank Name – Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank
- Branch – Kannankurichi Branch, Yercaud Main Road- 636008
- Account no- 060100050301715
Co-authors have to use a separate registration form
- Last Date for Abstract Submission- 10th October 2021
- Abstract Acceptance Intimation Date- 13th October 2021
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission- 31st October 2021
- Date of Conference– 13th November 2021.
- Mrs. A. Anchirppa- 7708499399
- Dr. C. Balaramalingam- 8148903829
- Mrs. V. Abinaya Sindhuja- 8610754262
E-mail – [email protected]
Brochure – Click Here
Reported by – Palash
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination