Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Registrar at Calcutta High Court from Indian citizens for filling up 02 (two) vacancies in the post of Direct Recruit from Legal Profession in the Pay Band Scale (unrevised) of Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 42,000. The appointments will initially be made purely temporary basis but are likely to be made permanent.
Essential Qualification for Assistant Registrar at Calcutta High Court
Candidate must be a Law Graduate and a practicing advocate and must be having knowledge of the vernacular of the State of West Bengal.
- Candidate should not be less than 18 years and not more than 40 years as on the 1st day of January 2020 (Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of S.C./S.T. candidate of West Bengal only).
- The S.C. candidate of other States shall be treated as Unreserved Category candidate.
- The names of the eligible candidates, belonging to the exempted category, shall be requisitioned from the concerned authority/authorities.
- Candidates of Exempted Category, having proper and valid EC card, may also apply directly.
Each application must be accompanied by examination fees of Rs. 700/- (Rs. 300/- for S.C./S.T. of West Bengal candidates only) to be deposited only by Bank Draft which must be purchased on or after the date of publication of this advertisement and before the last date of submission of application and drawn in favour of the “Registrar, High Court, Original Side, Calcutta”, payable at Kolkata.
No fees need to be given by the candidates belonging to Exempted categories whose names will be sponsored by the appropriate authorities. This exemption of fees is not applicable to the candidates, belong to Exempted Category, who will apply directly without any sponsorship.
No claim for refund of examination-fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Eligible candidates may download their application format (Annexure -I) from the website of this Court (www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in). and the filled up form may be sent by post or be delivered by hand to the Office of the Registrar Original Side (1st Floor, Main Building), High Court, Calcutta.
Essential documents required:-
- Three (03) recent and identical passport size photographs duly signed by the candidate on the front portion (one to be pasted on the top right corner of the application form and the other two to be stitched/stapled with the application);
- “No objection certificate” from concerned Employer in case of service- holders,
- Bank Draft to be enclosed with the application.\
- One self-addressed envelope of the size of 25 cm x 11 cm with postal stamp of Rs. 45/- for further communication through registered/speed post.
- Photocopy (self-attested) documents in support of date of birth (Madhyamik or equivalent certificate/admit card),
- Photocopy (self-attested) of educational qualifications (10th standard, 12th standard, B.A LL.B/LL.B/LL.M.) & others qualifications (if any).
- Photocopy (self-attested) of Caste Certificate, in case of candidates, desire ‘caste-reservation’.
- Photocopy (self-attested) of Identity Card issued from the Labour Deptt. Govt. of West Bengal (Employment Exchange Card) in case of candidates belonging to Exempted Category.
- Photocopy (self-attested) of Enrolment Certificate.
Incomplete applications/unsigned applications/applications submitted without proper application/examination fees and/or required documents will be summarily rejected without prior intimation/notice. No further communication, in this regard, will be entertained.
Mode of Selection
Phase – I (Competitive written test)
Candidates whose applications would be found in order in all respect shall be required to undergo a written competitive test of 80 marks on the following subjects
- Code of Civil Procedure.
- Original Side Rules, High Court, Calcutta.
- Constitution of India (with special emphasis on Article 214-237 [both inclusive])
- English – (including précis writing).
- General Knowledge with special emphasis on General Knowledge of High Court.
Phase – II (Interview)
Candidates must secure 32 marks (40%) or above in the written test (Phase- I) to qualify for Interview/Viva voce (Phase-II).
Total marks of Interview/Viva-voce would be 20 marks.
A panel of provisionally selected candidates shall be prepared and the same shall stand lapsed on expiry of one year from the date of its notification or on filling up the notified vacancies, whichever is earlier.
In case of any dispute, the decision of the Hon’ble the Chief Justice/the Hon’ble Acting Chief Justice shall be final.
Submission of Application
Every application must be submitted in a closed envelope mentioning therein the category and the post applied for on the bottom left corner, which shall have to reach the office of the undersigned (1st Floor, Main Building, High Court, Calcutta) within 4:30 p.m. of October 5, 2020, either by hand or by post.
For further announcements, all concerned are requested to follow the Court’s website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in
Source: Official Website