International Hands On Workshop on Unlocking the Power of LaTeX on Scientific Writing is being organised by the National Forensic Sciences University on 17/06/2023 & 18/06/2023.
About National Forensic Sciences University
The National Forensic Sciences University is the world’s first and only University dedicated to Forensic and allied Sciences. It was established with the objective to facilitate and promote studies and research and to achieve excellence in the field of forensic science in conjunction with allied subjects. Considering the role, importance, and contribution of erstwhile GFSU, the GOI elevated GFSU as NFSU under the Ministry of Home Affairs and also accorded a special status of “An Institution of National Importance” with effect from October 1, 2020, with the objective of strengthening the criminal justice system by providing quality research and skilled manpower in the field of forensic science and allied subjects.
University has thirteen schools in different disciplines ranging from the School of Forensic Sciences, School of Cyber and Digital Security, School of Engineering and Technology, School of Management Studies, School of Pharmacy, School of Medico-Legal Studies, School of Behavioral Science, School of Forensic Psychology, School of Police Science and Security, School of Earth Space and Internet Technologies and School of Law, forensic Justice and Policy Studies. University has world-class infrastructure with state of art laboratories and Skilled and professional manpower, which enables them to conduct international conferences, and other workshops in an efficient manner, it is pertinent to take note that, in this academic session only the university has conducted a number of international Workshops in collaboration with INTERPOL, Red Cross, and other renowned organizations.
About School of Law, Forensic Justice & Policy Studies
The School of Law, Forensic Justice & Policy Studies has been established to impart legal education with a special focus on forensic application in areas of law and policy framework. The school aspired to be the leading provider of forensic justice understanding to all professionals from different areas of governance including justice administration.
About International Hands On Workshop on Unlocking the Power of LaTeX on Scientific Writing
LaTeX is one of the widely used software for the creation of high-quality documents, particularly in academic and scientific domains. LaTeX provides a set of commands and macros that allow users to define the structure, formatting, and layout of their documents. Rather than focusing on visual design, LaTeX emphasizes logical document structure, enabling users to focus on content creation while leaving the typesetting and formatting to the system. The proposed Two-day online international workshop on “Unlocking the power of LaTex on Scientific Writing”, is a great approach to familiarize participants with the powerful typesetting system widely used in academia and scientific research.
This two-day Online workshop will broadly focus on the LaTeX Documents (LaTeX typesetting system) and LaTeX Slide Presentation.
The proposed themes of the workshop are as follows:
- Introduction to LaTeX for Beginners
- Mastering LaTeX Documents
- Advanced LaTeX Techniques
- Creating Effective Presentation Slides with LaTeX
Each aspect of the topic will be thoroughly analyzed to educate the participants on how to use LaTeX at different levels of educational practice. This Online International Workshop attempts to provide a comprehensive understanding to the participants of LaTeX, enabling them to create high-quality scientific documents with precision and efficiency. Through hands-on activities and practical exercises, participants will gain the necessary skills to effectively structure their documents, incorporate mathematical equations, manage references, and customize the formatting according to their specific needs.
The Proposed International hands-on workshop on “Unlocking the power of LaTeX on scientific writing” aims to fulfill the following objectives:
- Installation of LaTeX and setting-up LaTeX environment and choosing appropriate editors and tools.
- Understand the fundamentals of mathematical typesetting and effectively represent equations and formulas.
- Learn how to include figures, tables, and graphics in scientific documents using LaTeX.
- Develop proficiency in creating and structuring scientific documents using LaTeX.
- Discover techniques for managing bibliographies, citations, and references with Bib LaTeX or Bib TeX.
- Explore collaborative writing and version control methods for LaTeX documents.
- Gain hands-on experience through practical exercises and assignments.
- Build confidence in utilizing LaTeX for producing high-quality scientific documents.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of LaTeX and its benefits for writing scientific documents.
Desired Outcome of Workshop
By participating in this workshop, attendees will:
- Acquire a strong foundation in LaTeX, enabling them to write scientific documents effectively and efficiently.
- Enhance their skills in structuring scientific papers, incorporating mathematical equations, and managing references.
- Learn best practices for creating visually appealing documents with consistent formatting.
- Gain confidence in utilizing LaTeX for their future scientific writing endeavors.
- Engage in hands-on exercises and receive personalized guidance to reinforce their learning.
- Academicians, Researchers,
- Graduate & Post Graduate Students, Ph.D. Scholars
- Editors & Reviewers,
- Technical writers, Engineers, and scientists.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Registration Date: 13/06/2023
- Payment of Fees: 15/06/2023
- Workshop date: 17/06/2023 & 18/06/2023
- • Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- • Prospective Participants are requested to register for the workshop through the following link: Click Here
- • A maximum of 500 participants will be accommodated in the workshop. So, preference will be given based on a first come first serve basis.
For NFSU participants workshop is free*
Speakers and Resource Persons
Eminent keynote speakers and resource persons for the Workshop:
- Dr. Ishu Gupta (Ramanujan Faculty Fellow at IIIT, Bangalore, India; PostDoc National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan; Ph.D., NIT KKR, India)
- Dr. Hemant Kumar Aggarwal (Scientist in IT industry; PostDoc USA; Ph.D. IIITD India)
Venue for Workshop
This workshop will be conducted online mode (Webex)
Coordinators for the workshop:
- Dr. Archana Patel (Assistant Professor at NFSU, Gandhinagar, India)
- Ms. Deepa Dubey (Teaching & Research Assistant, NFSU. Gandhinagar, India)
- +91 82007 09454
- +91 84008 33569