To prepare effectively, find here the complete details of the Chhattisgarh Judicial Service exam such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, age limit, and much more.
Chhattisgarh Judicial Services Examination – Syllabus, Eligibility, and Pattern
CGPSC conducts Chhattisgarh Judicial Service Exam every year to recruit civil judges. The CGPSC Judicial Service recruitment is carried out in three phases – Prelims, Mains and Interview. The examination is the entry-level exam for law graduates to become appointed as members of the subordinate judiciary. Members are appointed by the state government under the supervision of the respective high court. The members are appointed based on the Judiciary exam.
Educational Qualification: In order to appear for the Chhattisgarh Judicial Service Exam, candidates must have an LLB or equivalent degree from an institute that is recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Age Limit: The candidate must have completed the age of 21 years but he/she must not have completed 35 years of age as on the specific date mentioned in the official advertisement for the year.
Reservation: Only those reserved category candidates are eligible for reservation who is a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh State. Reserved Category candidates from other states will be treated as General categories.
CGPSC Judicial Service Prelims Exam Pattern
- Question paper for Online Preliminary Examination shall be of 100 marks.
- There will be 1 Paper consisting of 100 objective-type questions.
- Duration of Exam will be 2hrs.
CGPSC Judicial Service Mains Exam Pattern
- Mains Exam will consist of One Paper.
- Mains Exams will be of 3hrs.
- Maximum Marks will be 100.
CGPSC Judicial Service Personal Interview
- The Viva-voce will be a personal interview for candidates shortlisted on the basis of their Main Exam scores.
- The final selection will be on merit on the basis of total marks obtained in the written (Main) Examination and Viva-voce.
- The maximum marks for Viva-voce: 15 Marks
Syllabus for Prelims Exam
The syllabus of Chhattisgarh Judiciary for Prelims exam includes:
- Indian Penal Code
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Constitution of India
- Transfer of Property Act
- Indian Contract Act
- Limitation Act
- The Chhattisgarh Rent Control Act, 2011
- Court Fees Act
- Specific Relief Act
- Indian Registration Act
- Chhattisgarh Land Revenue Code
- The Negotiable Instruments Act,1881
- The Chhattisgarh Excise Act,1915
Syllabus for Mains Exam
The Chhattisgarh mains exam consists of a descriptive paper. The Chhattisgarh Civil Judge Exam Syllabus for Mains Exam includes:
i) Framing of issues and writing of Judgement in Civil Cases (40 Marks)
ii) Framing of charges and writing of Judgement in Criminal Cases (40 Marks)
- English to Hindi (Maximum 10 marks)
- Hindi to English (Maximum 10 marks)
For more information, Click Here